Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Any Given Day.

Last week was tough to say the least.  My wonderful grandmother passed away and there was miles of road that needed to be covered to take the wife, sister and I up to where the family was.  The week was filled with emotions but short on energy to get it all done.

We got home late Friday and I was beat.  That didn't stop me from wanting to get out and do any kind of fishing on Saturday however, so when a fishing buddy recommended El Dorado park in Long Beach I jumped at the chance...  I also jumped into the water.  I guess I actually slipped and slid into the water. 
Composing myself from my dip
Fly fishing El Dorado is tricky from any spot but some on the second and third lake (the paved areas).  However, there is nothing IN the second or third lake that is catchable from the areas its easy to fly fish at least in summer.

That means getting closer, hoping on reeds, standing on rocks and really trying to nail some clean side casts, roll casts and almost anything possible to get the line out.  Regardless of the complications the bluegill were eager and I completely forgot to take pictures!










My buddy did manage to get a shot of the winner of "Small fish for the day" though and assorted sneaker shots of me post El Dorado baptismal.
Massive beast fish




















Regardless of my wet shorts, soaked money, soggy chucks that sloshed as I walked it was still a hell of a fine day of fishing and remembering my grandmother.

Love you Nanny.

Notice the shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment