Thursday, July 15, 2010

Downey Fly Fishers

I discovered the Downey Fly Fishers website when doing a search for fly fishing shops and clubs in my local area.  I was initially interested in this club first due to its impressive website and local meeting area.  So on Tuesday the wife and I stopped in. Couldn't have been a friendlier group of anglers in the whole county!


The meetings are broken up into a fly tying demo, introductions for the new people, fish tales, raffle and a guest speaker.  The time seemed to fly by and after meeting many of the members it was clear I that I would be stopping by again.


Check out their site for meeting times and events.  From the sound of it, its a club that has been active for many years and they cover every aspect of fly fishing!

The demo of the night was salt water flys!

No comments:

Post a Comment