Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fly fishing classroom Cerritos Regional

I had a few hours to kill tonight, so I stopped by Cerritos Regional to get some casting time in.

Now, I need to be clear here. I was fishing for the Bluegill with my nine foot line spooled with 8 weight line, its MAJOR overkill.

So without further adieu! On with the pictures! 

All these fish were taken using an Adams pattern 14 hook in green and gold.  Every cast seemed to have attention.  Half way through the hour I switched down to a 16 size hook which paid off big time.  The fish easily took them and often set themselves just pulling away.



This boy in particular was a little upset after todays lesson.
I love the coloring of this one.














Sadly towards the end of my time I got a real tug from something on the top water, I thought it was a larger bluegill but turned out to be a small mouth bass.  I got it close to the bank and it spit the hook.

Practice CPR: Catch, Picture and Release!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment