Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lets talk about a noobs outfit.

With Bob Mariott's being so close it hard not to stop by to stock up on a few flies.  Yesterday I stopped by and added to my noob arsenal.  Without further adieu lets get to the equipment shots.

Here is a little floating water case I picked up.  Pretty decent I thought for the price.  It also has little spring loaded doors versus nail nicks like on other cases.










All the "OPEN" switches trigger one of four doors.


















Lets get a closeup on some of the flies!  Excuse the low focus control on my camera phone.

Little midge stimulator pattern













 Another stimulator pattern, haven't had alot of luck with it at this point.










My Bluegill killer a green and grey Adams, bought it in three sizes (12, 14, 16).  I like this fly alot for the local park lake.










 Much bigger Adams.  The idea was to match the small gold dragon flies that I have seen up to this date.










Dry ant to mix things up a bit.










Glowbug, the purpose for this was not trout, but Carp.  Given that I normally fish a park lake the carp are all about corn and bread.  My hope was that this would look like corn.  Bob Mariott's does not at this time have food type carp flies.






I'm not sure what this fly is, I assume another Adams, it was given to me by another angler at the lake.  Its had seen use before I received it, but I'm always happy to get new flies.









Just want to note, I purchased these flies for mainly lake fishing.  Since that is what I mainly do and is my "practice" yard for starting out.  It is important no mater where you fish to take a look at the local insect population and match your flies to them.  Remember, match the Size, type and color the best you can!

Side note: This is the outfit I am using: 

No comments:

Post a Comment